If you have bee wearing your tape in hair extensions, you may have noticed that at one point or another they do not appear as soft and smooth as the first application. Here are a few tips to help you get them back to perfection:
How to Maintain Smooth Tape In Hair Extensions:
- Maintain your tape in hair extensions regularly. Going long periods of time without washing and conditioning the hair can lead to dull, dry hair.
- Avoid reheat styling your tape in hair extensions over and over. This causes an unnecessary amount of stress to the tape in hair extensions resulting in thermal damage that cannot be repaired.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Remember that tape in hair extensions have been processed to achieve that desired color. Just like natural hair that has been colored or chemically treated, you'll want to make sure you properly care for the tape in hair extensions.
- Avoid going to bed with wet or damp hair.
- Tape in hair extensions should be blow dried smooth using a natural boar bristle brush just as you would with natural hair to smooth down the cuticle. All hair, extensions or natural require a blow dry with mild heat and tension to smooth down the cuticle.
- Use styling products to help aid in the styling of your hair. Styling products are exactly what they are names - they help you style your hair. They also protect your hair during the styling process and should be used on both natural and tape in hair extensions hair at all times.