Can I Remove Tape In Hair Extensions by Myself?
Going to the salon to remove your extensions can be such a hassle. Luckily, unlike other types of long-wear hair extensions, tape in hair extensions can be easily removed at home without the help of a stylist. It's actually quite simple to remove tape in extensions at home, and they can even be saved for reuse. We've put together some easy instructions to walk to through the process below.
How To Remove Tape In Hair Extensions At Home
In order to remove your tape in extensions at home, you'll need two things, tape remover, and patience. There are other ways to remove tape in hair extensions at home, but using tape remover is the most effective. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Select a one of your tape in extensions and saturate the tape with tape remover.
- Begin peeling the top tape off at the corner, careful not to rip off your hair. If the top tape isn't easily peeling off, lightly separate the tape and add more tape remover before trying again.
- Once the top tape comes off, apply more tape remover to the adhesive from the bottom piece of tape.
- Carefully peel off the bottom tape starting at the corner.
- Move on to the next extension and repeat steps one through four.
If you plan on reusing the tape in extensions, you should take the time to peel off the left over adhesive. This will allow you to simply apply new tape in extension adhesive when you're ready to use the extensions again.
Most tape in extensions leave behind adhesive residue once they are removed. However, SDX tape in extensions do not! Once you've removed your SDX tape in extensions you'll be left with adhesive-free hair that you can shampoo, condition, and style as normal.