Hair Extensions Costs vary drastically depending on what kind of hair extensions is being installed, what region you are in, the quality of hair, and of course the length and color.
So, Exactly how much do Salons Charge for Hair Extensions?
- Tape in Hair Extensions: $250-$1,000. We know what seems like a large spread, but consider whether the salon is supplying the hair for you, you are supplying it for installation, how much hair you need and the length. Tape in Hair Extensions are the beauty industry's leading form of no damage hair extensions and are in high demand.
- Micro Bead, Micro Loop, I-tip, U-tip, V-Tip: $300-$900. These kinds of hair extensions are usually sold in bundles of 50 or 100, and sometimes a client can use 300-400 individual pieces. Installation is time-consuming and maintenance is virtually mandatory about every 3-4 weeks.
- Keratin Bonded: $850-$1200+ Keratin bonded hair extensions typically are worn for the longest period of time. However, that comes at a cost, and not just in your pocketbook. Keratin bonded hair extensions have a bad reputation for extremely damaging your natural hair, and what's worse - the damage happens right at the root!
How much does Hair Extension Maintenance Cost?
Some stylists charge by the head, while others charge by the hour and even still some will charge for how much hair is being "moved-up."
- Tape In Hair Extensions: $150-$350 for move-up maintenance appointments. Not always does this include a shampoo blow dry in-between - yuck! Some stylists will just remove and replace the extension hair without cleaning your natural hair before reinstalling the hair. This leaves a super gross sticky residue behind of not only tape from the extensions but also dirt, oil and product buildup from wear. Consumers, please make sure you ask what the service includes, and definitely get your hair cleaned before you re-install.
- Micro Bead, Micro Loop, I-tip, U-tip, V-Tip: $100-$300 This services can only be performed 1-2 times before the hair itself needs to be replaced. The process of moving up Micro Bead, Micro Loop, I-tip, U-tip, V-Tip hair is by using a plier to open the copper cylinder, slide that up closer to the scalp and then clamp it back into place. Most salons will recommend you come with clean hair.
- Keratin Bonded: There is no maintenance service involved with this extension services. When the hair has grown out, the keratin bond is cracked off the natural hair shaft, dropped to the floor and thrown out. This hair must be reinstalled from scratch. $850-$1200
Leave a comment