If you recently started wearing tape in hair extensions, you may be wondering how you can style them. Depending on where you purchased your tape in hair extensions, they may be made of real human hair, synthetic hair, or a mixture of the two. The issue with synthetic hair is that it cannot withstand the heat from hairstyling tools such as a blow dryer, curling iron, or straightening iron. This means that you can only do styles that require no heat. This can include braids, ponytails, and buns.
If you purchased your tape in hair extensions from SDX, you're in luck! Our tape in hair extensions are 100% Remy human hair extensions, which means our extensions are not only high quality, but they can be styled using any low-heat hairstyling tool (250 degrees or less) that you would typically use on your natural hair. The most important thing to remember when using a hairstyling tool such as a curling iron is to not press the iron on top of the tape.
In this post, we'll share with you some fun and flirty styles you can do with your SDX tape in hair extensions. Keep in mind that the styles below are done on dry hair. If your hair is wet, blow dry it before following the steps below.
Beach Waves with Tape In Hair Extensions
Beach waves are a cute and fun style that can be worn just about anywhere. It's in style, and you've probably seen some of your favorite celebrities sporting beach waves at one point or another. This style is effortless to do and only takes a few easy steps!
What You'll Need
Curling iron or wand set to 250 degrees or less
Texturizing spray or a spray bottle with one part salt three parts warm water
Lightweight hair spray
- Begin by spraying texturizing spray or the DIY saltwater lightly into the roots of your hair.
- Comb any knots out of your hair then separate about a one-inch part at the bottom of your hair, using the hairclip to clip the rest of the hair up.
- Separate 1/3 of the bottom section of hair and wrap it around your curling wand (or curling iron), careful not to wrap it all the way up to the tape. Hold for 15-20 seconds, then release.
- Repeat this on the other 2/3rds sections of the bottom section, then unclip another one-inch section of hair.
- Repeat steps three and four until you've created loose curls throughout all of your hair.
- Once all of your hair has loose curls, use the wide-toothed comb to comb out the curls to turn them into waves.
- Finish with a lightweight hairspray to keep beachy waves all day.
Straight Hair with Tape In Hair Extensions
Straight hair is a sleek style that is always in fashion. It can be used on any day for any occasion and is easy to accomplish. Straightening your hair with tape in extensions depends highly on the type of hair you have. If your hair is wavy or has loose curls, you should be able to straighten your hair with your extensions on as long as your careful not to put the straightening iron over the tape. However, if you have tight curls, you'll have better results if you straighten your hair and your extensions separately, then apply the tape in extensions to your hair.
What You'll Need
Heat protectant spray
Straightening iron set to 250 degrees or less
Finishing spray or oil
Heat resistant comb
- Spray heat protectant spray throughout your hair and comb to distribute the product throughout hair.
- Separate the bottom section of the hair and use the clip to secure the rest of your hair out of the way.
- Separate that section into three smaller sections and begin ironing your hair with the straightening iron. If you are wearing your extensions, start about a half inch below your extension and work your way down the length of the hair. If you're not wearing your extensions, begin about a half inch from your scalp and work your way down.
- Separate the next section of hair and repeat number three. Continue section by section until you straighten all of your hair.
If you are not wearing your extensions, hold onto one extension at a time by the tape section, Then iron each extension starting about a half inch from the tape. Then apply the tape in extensions as usual.
Low Messy Bun with Tape In Extensions
Messy buns are all of the rage on every red carpet this year, and that's because it's an easy style that is both sassy and sexy. If you want to style your hair into a messy bun while wearing tape in extensions, you're going to want to make sure that you are careful not to expose the tape sections. Make sure your messy bun is low, as wearing high buns or ponytails is not advisable when wearing tape in hair extensions.
What You'll Need
2 Hair ties that match your hair color
Dry Shampoo or Texturizing Spray
- Begin by spraying dry shampoo or texturizing spray on your roots to give your hair some volume and texture.
- Comb out your hair to ensure there are no knots.
- Run your fingers through your hand to gather your hair into a low messy ponytail. Do not secure with hair tie yet.
- Twist your hair and spin it around the base of the ponytail to create a bun. Don't worry about making it perfect; there's a reason they call this style the "messy" bun.
- Secure hair with the hair ties, then tug lightly on your bun to loosen it up a bit.
- Secure any remaining ends that are sticking out with bobby pins.
These styles are perfect for any occasion and are easy to do while wearing tape in hair extensions. Keep in mind that these are simply some of the hairstyles you can do. With SDX tape in hair extensions, you can style your hair any way you would your normal hair as long as you don't apply heat directly to the tape.
Leave a comment