CAN TAPE IN EXTENSIONS DAMAGE YOUR HAIR?
Tape in Hair Extensions is the beauty industry's leading form of non-damaging hair extensions. You can learn more with a thorough consultation with your salon professional.
With proper care and maintenance, tape in hair extensions offers instant length, volume, and thickness without the damaging side effects of other forms of hair extensions. Specifically designed for fine and or thin hair, tape in hair extensions are installed using a sandwich approach where the natural hair is placed in between two pre-tapped extensions pieces and adhered together with the natural hair in between.
Proper installation and maintenance allow for approximately 4-6 weeks of extension wear.
Unlike its competitors, tape in hair extensions are perfect for a natural seamless look as the tape in hair extension tabs lay horizontal on the head straight out from where the hair grows naturally. The hair is not over-directed in a manner and is able to lay flat on the head for comfort during sleeping, brushing and other activities.
Beware: If you are unable to maintain tape in hair extensions properly it can result in damage to the natural hair. To avoid any potential damage, adhere to the following:
- Wash your hair regularly. Do not allow build up from an oily scalp, or excessive product to ruin your new tape in hair extensions. Cleaning your hair and scalp regularly will avoid slippage which can cause damage.
- Do not apply conditioner to the tab or scalp where tape tabs are present. This can cause slippage and damage to the natural hair.
- Brush through your tape in extensions regularly to release any tangles so that additional stress is not placed on the tape tab area while brushing.
- Wear low ponytails or light braids during sleeping, swimming or any physical activity. Do not wear high ponytails or any tight hairstyle that would cause the tape in hair extensions to be over directed in any manner.
- When washing your tape in hair extensions, use a squeezing motion, not rubbing to avoid matting.
- Advise the consumer to see a salon professional immediately if they have any questions about the above, or if they are experiencing any discomfort in any manner.
WHAT ABOUT SDX. TAPE IN HAIR EXTENSIONS?
You're going to love SDX. Tape in Hair Extensions! Use it, abuse it and throw it out! Wearable for approximately 4-6 weeks, can be removed as replaced as often as needed but are priced affordable enough should you choose to offer your clients new hair at every appointment. Our hair is collected from 100% Natural Remy Human Hair Donors. We do not use synthetic or animal product blends.